Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Westminster Update

Earlier I admitted that I make great plans but suck at follow through. I wasn't joking. It's hard! But I'm still working toward a Westminster trip in 2018. Right now I have a whopping $1381 in my Westminster fund. Not bad for a disorganized person like me!

I've been talking to tour companies and think that I've narrowed things down to one. I estimate that the tour that I want --with all the extras plus airfare -- will be about $1,800. Yes, gasp. However, this is probably going to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip so I might as well do it right.

I could lick the screen right now!
I'd like to be able to pay for everything by September. Coming up with the last $500 involves a little creativity. Confession: I eat out a lot. A LOT. I hate my kitchen, I love junk food and I suck at meal planning. This is the Fat Lady Trifecta. It's also expensive. So I've made a deal with myself. For every day I don't eat out, I will pay myself $5. Surely I'll save $5 by eating breakfast before work, bringing my lunch and throwing something together when I get home. I'm averaging about 20 bucks a week. Yeah, it's pathetic, but it's better than nothing, right? However, I could use some help.
  1. Prayers are good. So are happy thoughts and words of encouragement. Lord knows I need all the help I can get!
  2. Meal ideas, especially dinners. The thought of whipping up something low carb/diabetic friendly after a 10-hour shift is overwhelming.
  3. Budgeting tips. Again, I get tired/overwhelmed and just buy what's convenient. I'm sure I'm wasting a lot of money.
I just sent an email to the tour company specifying how many are going and which upgrades we want. I asked for a grand total and instructions on how to move forward from here. OMG, I think I'm actually going to do this! I'll keep you posted. -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment