|Choosey Moms Choose JIF|
Want to celebrate too? If you're not a "give the dog an empty peanut butter jar" kind of person, perhaps you'd rather bake a cake. This recipe is for the Peanut Butter Carrot Cake that I made in celebration of Jedi's first birthday.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- More peanut butter for frosting and bacon bits for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a small cake pan. (I used this silicone mold and omitted the grease.)
- Combine egg, peanut butter, honey, oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir in carrots and mix thoroughly. Sift together flour and baking soda, then fold into carrot mixture. Spoon batter into baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
Today is also Sepia Saturday! Click around below and see what others are sharing. -- K