Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dog vs. DS

Jedi is 10 months old today. My son found a picture on his iTouch from last November, shortly after I discovered that I was bringing home the puppy with the blue collar. He was so cute and I was already madly in love with him. Good thing too, because sometimes he can be a giant pain in the ass. I got a call this evening from the same son. Jedi had found Son's Nintendo DS and chewed it, charger and all, while Son was in the shower. Coincidentally, Hubby was grumbling this morning while shopping for yet another set of headphones (Jedi has chewed three sets in 4 months). I don't understand the dog's fascination with electronics. I also don't understand how the men in my family can leave electronics out (or not crate the dog) when they KNOW the dog eats electronics! Have they not seen my phone?
 
So I have no idea what is going to be done about the DS. I can't afford to replace it, and I don't even know if I should. (The boy is 20, has a job and was home alone with the dogs at the time of the incident.) I also have no idea when Jedi will stop chewing electrical items, or if/when the guys will stop leaving them lying around. The "Your dog has got to learn not to chew stuff that isn't his" argument is getting old too. Yes, he does. And he will -- eventually. But how much destruction are we going to have to endure over principle? -- K
 
P.S. Apparently I'm the only one who remembers the damage Pepper did when she was a puppy. She was awful! But eventually she outgrew it and became a great dog and we miss her dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment