Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bark Box

This is just an example. Truth is, we have no idea
 what's in the box. OMG the suspense is killing me!
OK, I did it. I broke down and ordered a Bark Box. I've been wanting a Bark Box since before Jedi was born and today I finally ordered one. I will tell you all about it when it gets here.

I don't remember where I first saw Bark Boxes advertised, probably in some magazine. It looked neat, but I'm a skeptic when it comes to ordering stuff online. I've been disappointed by false advertising before! However, I signed up for the free newsletter and have been pleasantly surprised. It's full of interesting info, not just "buy our cool boxes" blurbs like I had imagined. The latest newsletter had 33 DIY Dog Toys from Things Around the House. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not crafty. (This is particularly depressing because the rest of my family is!) So when I see simple, creative ideas I can become giddy. I am sooooo going to try some of those. I think we'll start with the muffin tin puzzle.

Anyway, several months ago I saw that Penny over at Dog Paddling just loved her Bark Boxes. She had been getting Bark Boxes for six months and loved every one of them. Then I got a coupon. I'm a sucker for coupons. THEN I saw that 10% of the profits go to shelters and rescues. I'm a sucker for shelter animals. I was convinced. So now Jedi and I are (im)patiently waiting for our first Bark Box to get here. I have no idea what's inside -- it's a surprise. I'm not good with surprises. I'm not a patient person either. (So why did I order one?! Because I want one!) Thanks for sharing my lunacy enthusiasm. You can now return to your normal lives. -- K




UPDATE: Bark Box sent me the following in an email: 

Thanks so much for signing up for Bark Box, we’re so excited to have you on board! Here are a few things you might be wondering:

1. We ship out awesome Bark Boxes once per month on the 15th of each month.

2. If you signed up after the 10th of the month, your first Bark Box will arrive next month. 


I guess we're waiting another few weeks. sigh.


1 comment:

  1. It seems so many folk love the Bark Boxes. We are just starting to get a similar thing over here. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete