Friday, September 14, 2012

Dieting With My Dog

Apparently I'm not the only chunky woman in the world with a chunky dog. Author Peggy Frezon even wrote a book about it. And I bought it. Dieting With My Dog: One Busy Life, Two Full Figures . . . and Unconditional Love arrived in the mail last week. This is an  autobiography from a 40-something empty nester. Peggy had the same health issues I do: high blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose combined with a sweet tooth and an aversion to exercise. When she realized that her dog Kelly wasn't doing too well either, she decided to change their lives for the better. It's not a bad story, but I wish there were more examples. I know the formula for weight loss: less calories, more exercise. Sometimes I just need things spelled out.*

I'm hoping that the new puppy will help me lose weight. I mentioned this to a friend of mine and she had a funny take on the situation. She said "If you're going to show a German shepherd you need to be able to keep up in the ring. You don't want your dog look bad because you're out of shape!" Thanks Girlfriend for putting it into perspective!

The big question: Can I keep up with a flying trot?


*Someone spelled it out for me! Go to Dog Diets: Losing Weight With Your Dog for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment